Setting the size of your PowerPoint slide is one of the first important steps of the entire poster designing process. To determine what size slide to use, you need to know what size poster you want to print. For example, let’s assume you would like your poster to be 96” X 42”. In PowerPoint, you cannot set the size of your file to 96” X 42” because the largest it will go is 56” X 56”. So here is what you have to do. Starting with the size poster you want to print, you scale down to a slide size that is available in PowerPoint. A general rule of thumb is to set the PowerPoint slide size to half of the size of the poster you want to print. The following table will assist.
|60″ X 42″||30″ X 21″|
|72″ X 42″||66″ X 21″|
|84″ X 42″||42″ X 21″|
|96″ X 42″||48″ X 21″|
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Open the slide size dialog box:
- In PowerPoint 2007 and 2010, to set up your slide size go to the Design tab, and then click Page Setup.
- In PowerPoint 2013, to set up your slide size go to the Design tab, and then click Slide Size.
2. Specify the “Width” and “Height” in the boxes below.
3. Select OK to close the slide size dialog box.